Essential Vitamins For Acne Remedy
Many young people are deficient in vitamins and minerals due to improper diet. Studies show that fewer than 32 percent of Americans eat the required servings of vegetables each day. Also, the American diet is comprised of too much of processed sugar and not enough fruits and water. A deficiency in essential vitamins and supplements can only spell trouble for the skin. If your body does not get the required nutrition for skin renewal, tissue repair and for its organs to naturally d…
acne remedy, vitamins for acne
Many young people are deficient in vitamins and minerals due to improper diet. Studies show that fewer than 32 percent of Americans eat the required servings of vegetables each day. Also, the American diet is comprised of too much of processed sugar and not enough fruits and water. A deficiency in essential vitamins and supplements can only spell trouble for the skin. If your body does not get the required nutrition for skin renewal, tissue repair and for its organs to naturally detoxify, then your chances of getting acned skin, along with other health problems, are likely to increase.
Vitamin A strengthens the protective tissue of your skin and helps in acne remedy. It reduces the production of sebum and works in repairing the tissue that skin and mucous membranes are made of. It’s also a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are important and needed to help rid your body of toxins that have built up. A lack in Vitamin A can cause acne!
The Complex B vitamins are also helpful in preserving healthy skin through the relief of stress. Stress has been identified as a major trigger for acne for some people. The B vitamins should always be taken together. Thiamine is an antioxidant, helps circulation, and aids in digestion. Riboflavin works with Vitamin A and is essential for healthy skin, hair, and nails. Niacinamide helps with the metabolism of carbohydrates in your system and improving circulation. Niacinamide shortage in your diet can cause acne. Pantothenic Acid or B5 is popular for helping to reduce stress and is needed for the adrenal glands to function properly. Vitamin B6, or Pyridoxine is important for the correct function of your immune system and antibody production.
Vitamin C with biofavonoids is also referred to as the “super vitamin” and can play an important role in your acne remedy. Vitamin C is instrumental in at least 300 metabolic functions in your body, is needed for tissue growth and repair, and flushes toxins from your system. Vitamin C also improves immunity and protects against infection. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor for the dosage that is best for your body.
Chromium, widely used for weight loss also helps fight acne. Chromium should be taken in an added form since chromium in foods is not easily absorbed. Much of it is lost in processing and high doses of sugar cause the loss of chromium.
Zinc aids in acne remedy by regulating the activity of the oil glands. It promotes the healing in tissues and helps to prevent scarring. Zinc promotes a healthier immune system that in turn aids in the healing of wounds. In addition, a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent the forming of free radicals, or toxins that can harm your body.
Finally, Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. It improves healing and tissue repair and prevents cell damage by inhibiting oxidation of fats and the formation of free radicals.
One interesting fact about acne can be noted that is a multivitamin with added chromium supplement will give you most of what your body needs for the day. It should be also noted that taking too much of a vitamin or mineral can also be toxic and dangerous. Read the recommended dosage and stick with it.
With enough vitamins for your body, you are assured of a well nourished body. Your body organs, cells and tissues can perform optimally on the inside and you get to see the benefits on a physical level.
“EIGHTY PERCENT OF SUCCESS IS SHOWING UP”
Beauty Basics – Eight Tips For Naturally Beautiful Skin
Not sure what to look for when choosing cosmetics? Need some advice on taking care of your skin? Here are eight tips to help your skin look and feel it’s best.
1) Select moisturizers made with vegetable oils. The lotions, creams and body oils that you use should be made with vegetable oils, not mineral oil. Vegetable oils, (like olive oil, sweet almond oil, corn oil, etc.) contain fatty acids which help to moisturize and soften the skin.
Mineral oil is derived from petroleum and does not contain anything that helps to nourish the skin.
2) Look for herbs and herbal derivatives in your cosmetics. Herbs and their derivatives (essential oils, extracts, infusions) contain natural chemicals which soothe, tone and help condition the skin.
Two herbs which are especially useful in natural cosmetics are Lavender and Tea tree. The essential oils of both lavender and tea tree are gentle, natural antiseptics.
3) Once a week soak your feet in warm water, and gently exfoliate dead skin with a pumice stone. Follow up by moisturizing your feet with a natural foot oil or foot lotion.
4) Every week soak in a tub of bath salts. Salt, especially salts mined from the Dead Sea in the Middle East, are rich in minerals and help draw impurities out of the skin.
5) After a shower or bath, seal in moisture by using a body oil or lotion made from natural vegetable oils.
6) If you have blemishes and your skin is dry, moisturize your skin in the morning and at night with products that contain vegetable oils which are high in essential fatty acids.
Essential fatty acids help to soften and hydrate the skin and they can also help soothe minor irritations. Vegetable oils that contain large amounts of essential fatty acids are: corn oil, sunflower seed oil, safflower oil, borage oil, blackcurrant seed oil and evening primrose oil.
7) Look for toners and astringents that are made without ethyl alcohol, rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol. These ingredients are solvents that are extremely drying to the skin.
8) Every time you wash your hands, moisturize them with a natural lotion or cream to help them stay soft.